Britney Spears’ Blog

Lynyrd Skynyrd: way better than the Grateful Dead

By Britney Spears

First I just wanna say that I feel bad about how many weird old dudes got so upset over my last post; sometimes I forget that you guys didn’t really have much real music back when you were growing up. Plus I bet your iPods could only hold like 2 gigs. Seriously, you guys are like the bones of old dinosaurs – you’re covered in dust and your taste in music is lame, but you can sometimes teach us about ancient history n’ stuff.

So I just heard about this other band that was around back when you guys weren’t totally old yet called Lynyrd Skynyrd? You guys this is super sad but I guess their keyboardist just died, or at least that’s what the internet was tellin’ me. Anyway, I listened to some of their songs, and they kinda rock! Plus they look pretty cool.

Here’s what I was wonderin’ about in my brain: Why would you guys listen to the Grateful Dead when you had Lynyrd Skynyrd? Skynyrd actually has songs that make sense, the guitar solos were way better, and he sings about funny stuff like Alabama and free birds.

Can someone please explain this to me?

2/2/2009 12:20 PM, Los Angeles, CA

Britney Spears Email Alerts

Comments

Bob Dylan:

Your know you absolutely right, what I was I thinking when I asked the Dead to tour with me. So, Brit I was thinking it would be great if you would tour with me this year. It would be an awesome boost to my career and all!! As you know I have this bootleg series thing going and it isn't really helping me pay the bills! Let me know just call 1-800-old-rock. And, by the way the Dead are so much better than Lynyrd skynyrd!

2/2/2009 1:54 PM

Ann Coulter:

As you all know, I'm a HUGE Deadhead, and i'd have to agree with Mr. Dylan on this one...Britney, you totally should tour with Bob. I even have a few names for the tour:
The Prune Juice and Vodka Tour, The Pantyless Pop Star Review, The Old Jew and Crazy Pop Star Circus...I can go on and on.
And as for Lynyrd Skynyrd being a better band then the Grateful Dead, well that's like comparing Bob Dylan and Brintey fucking Spears. Apples and oranges my little nutjob.
Keep Your Dayjob.

2/3/2009 10:34 AM

Britney Spears:

You guys, anyone can stand hunched over on a stage, play harmonica and mumble about wanting to die soon. But can Bob Dylan shake his ass with a 10 foot cobra around his neck?
Doubt it.

2/3/2009 12:36 PM

Dupree:

Don't you have some children you can neglect or something??

2/3/2009 10:40 AM

Michael Phelps:

C'mon Brit...you can't be serious! Swing by my place and we'll pull some 6 footers then stream some Dead off of the Lama. You'll get it then. Skynard can't touch The Boys, but once I get you properly stoned and you get all loose(is that possible still?), I'm sure you'll come around. I know I will. Ohhhh that smell...can you smell that smell? That's you Brit!

2/3/2009 10:59 AM

gdradio:

as always.. Britney is ON POINT. a self-contained think tank, of you will. LOVIN YOU BRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!` omg6up

2/3/2009 11:01 AM

DeadWanderer :

Disney rocks !

2/3/2009 12:23 PM

boston bean:

brit why dont you just get some VIP tickets to the MSG show.this april and do a little bit of fungus im sure we can get you on the bus

2/3/2009 12:47 PM

kbb:

WHO IS THIS? you are (for lack of a better word) retarded. i randomly found this but
1. unless you are under the age of 8 how did you not know who lynyrd skynyrd already was?
2. Grateful Dead is the best band ever period, smynyrds alright. but its like comparing them to the beatles....YOU DON'T DO IT!
3. NO REAL GOOD MUSIC GROING UP!!! i cannot think of more than 2 or 3 talented artists that have started int he last 10 years and not more than 10 that have started in the last 20. YOUR INSANE!!!

and before you go calling me some "old man".....im 18

2/3/2009 5:33 PM

Britney Spears:

My name is Britney. I like cocaine and sex. I am uneducated white trash. I am an unfit mother. I am talentless. Having said this, you are a moron. Look at what you just wrote. You are a retarded 18 year old ass-licker. Believe me, I know a retarded ass-licker when I see one. Duh!?!

2/3/2009 6:10 PM

Jessica Simpson:

Oh BTW Brit-Brit.... it's spelled Leonard Skinner.

2/3/2009 8:57 PM

kbb:

hahahahah WHAT IS THIS? hahaha

2/3/2009 10:17 PM

Sun Ra:

To Venus and beyond... I'm calling (toll free) from the grave. All music is good music. We just don't call what the Spears chic is doing music. Space is the place, sunset on the Nile, seek me and I will enlighten!

2/6/2009 4:58 PM

JCrippen:

The Legacy of George W Bush: (A Collection of Conflicting Opinions)

Can a man's legacy be drawn from an eight year period in time? What kind of a footprint has GWB left on the American people, or the world for that matter? Has he served his country well by protecting us from terrorism, or has a alienated America from the rest of the world. Has he acted as a Christian in his role as President of the United States, or has he misused the Bible as a means of procuring votes and evoking war? Was the rebuilding of Iraq set in motion years before the Twin Towers tragedy, or was this a rapid decision based on an emergent circumstance? I have tried to keep this debate as original as possible. That includes errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling. I have also tried to collect them in a somewhat chronological method in order to keep a level playing field. I have simply collected publicly posted comments of others from open sources.

2/8/2009 11:42 PM

I love this site !!! Its totally awesome :).. Another site similar to this that I blog on is ..http://pop.ology.com/2009/02/10/valentines-listology-the-7-celebrity-couples-i-miss/. let me know what you guys think :).

2/11/2009 7:21 AM

Andrew Yu-Jen Wang:

Speaking of George W. Bush:

George W. Bush committed hate crimes of epic proportions and with the stench of terrorism (indicated in my blog).

George W. Bush did in fact commit innumerable hate crimes.

And I do solemnly swear by Almighty God that George W. Bush committed other hate crimes of epic proportions and with the stench of terrorism which I am not at liberty to mention.

Many people know what Bush did.

And many people will know what Bush did—even to the end of the world.

Bush was absolute evil.

Bush is now like a fugitive from justice.

Bush is a psychological prisoner.

Bush has a lot to worry about.

Bush can technically be prosecuted for hate crimes at any time.

In any case, Bush will go down in history in infamy.

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
Messiah College, Grantham, PA
Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993

“GEORGE W. BUSH IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY” BLOG OF ANDREW YU-JEN WANG
______________________
I am not sure where I had read it before, but anyway, it is a linguistically excellent statement, and it goes kind of like this: “If only it were possible to ban invention that bottled up memories so they never got stale and faded.” Oh wait—off the top of my head—I think the quotation came from my Lower Merion High School yearbook.

3/4/2009 9:45 PM