Nancy Grace’s Blog

A pretty pink glock for a pretty little murder

By Nancy Grace

pinkgun
Do you feel lucky, friend?

Imagine it, friends. You’re on the playground, watching your little daughter scream at your moron son for reasons indeterminable. A small child comes up to your bench, drawn to you perhaps by your magnanimous motherly glow or your glimmering blond hair.

She has a pink gun. “See my gun?” she asks.

“That’s a very nice toy, dear,” you say.

You see her finger tense on the trigger. Something is wrong.

You dive and roll, but she is already firing at you. You jump at her and try to hit her wrist, hoping to dislodge the weapon. But you slip and she steps on your neck. You’re staring down the barrel of a pretty pink glock.

“This case is dismissed,” she says. And then — BLAM BLAM. Two bullets straight through your brain. You’re dead.

And why?

JIM’S GUN SUPPLY MADE THIS HAPPEN.

There is UNDERSTANDABLE outrage over this online retailer, which promises to make guns pretty with colorful casings. These guns look like toys, but are in fact VERY REAL.

From a law enforcement perspective, there is only one solution to this problem, and that is MORE SHOOTING. Sure, nobody wants to shoot more kids. But with technology like this out there endangering lives, how do you know when you’re facing a toy gun or the REAL THING? And who’s to say that lollipop is not really a switchblade; that roller skate an improvised explosive device. I hate to say it, friends, but the answer is clear: my daughter will be carrying a real gun as soon as she develops the motor skills necessary to grip. That way, she can shoot any children who are playing with FAKE guns before they have a chance to appear to endanger her.

2/21/2008 4:29 PM, New York

Nancy Grace Email Alerts

Comments

Michelle from Madiso:

The perfect thing for those two kids of nancy's. You know, those twin kids she had implanted inside of her. A pink gun would certainly be a nice "project" for those twins to give them an opportunity to aim, point and shoot whenever Nancy gets too drunk again to act like a mother. Shouldn't take those twins long at all. Fill the magazine and give the kids the gun, and let the games begin.

2/21/2008 6:17 PM

Michelle from Madiso:

A post from Barry Guishmen in Hamilton :
Nancy totally screwed up again in the airing of the shows on Saturday/Sunday Feb. 23rd &Feb. 24th, especially on her coverage of the DREW PETERSON case. While you do need a higher education to understand all of the criminal acts Nancy committed, Nancy was proven wrong on every single assertion she made by every one of her guests on that show. You would think that CNN management might want to prep Nancy to the facts of the cases she attempts to cover first. Maybe they do try to accomplish that, but Nancy is unable to fulfill that order, likely due to her admitted high-toxicity levels of those multi-high-potency drugs she says she has to remain on for the rest of her life due to her tragic decision to be implanted with those eggs spawned from two different fathers at an age Nancy is at so close to her own retirement. That alone is a crime against those twins, and Nancy should be charged with at least as an attempted malicious criminal assault of some kind against those twins by that drunken mother. She’s a mother all right, one that deserves a very small prison cell just for herself. She has proven to have victimized children and even helped to kill a mother of a missing child. How many more have to be victimized by Nancy before they lock up that butt in prison? 5 more? 100 more? How many more non-convicted mothers of missing children have to lose their life by Nancy’s unprofessional conduct before something is done? 5 more? 100 more?

2/24/2008 2:43 AM

Eric Rug:

well lets all be outraged about companies who sell legal products under the law,Dumb. How about outrage over stupid igorant adults who dont take care or resposibility of what they own. How many times do you hear of a cop who shot someone,young or old, cause the person pointed a gun at them. Its the parent or adults resposilblity to teach youngsters THAT GUNS ARE NOT TO BE POINTED AT SOMEONE! no matter what. Playing or not. I dont hear of outrage of local toyota dealer selling products and people getting killed by that product! What I read above is typical liberal B.S. Punish the majority who follow the rules and laws, but dont reconize the person(s) who didnt and caused the problem. God, Nancy is more ignorant than Rosie.Whats worse is the liberal media pays them for their shear stupidity!!!

3/13/2008 4:25 PM

Ken:

Nancy, they're not selling these guns at Toys-R-Us. You still have to be 21 to buy one. They're not for children, but rather for WOMEN. Women like pink too, you know.

Haven't you ever thought that this weapon could be used for SELF-DEFENSE? Or is that an alien concept to someone who only cares about prosecution?

2/28/2008 11:19 PM

George W. Bush:

I got Laura and the girls all matching pink Glocks for Christmas. Laura carries one on each hip. I don't even really need the Secret Service. She is ten times the shot my VP is.

3/29/2008 11:46 AM

bmf:

wow, mad about the color of a gun ? sure, its pink and pretty, thats why a kid will pick it up ? hell no . maybe you should blame the real culprit for a change . you know , the guns owner , perhaps . amazing concept , i know . no matter what color a gun is , it should NEVER be left where a kid of any age could accidentally pick it up . the color of the weapon plays no part in anything . try to work on grasping the concept of the responsibility of gun safety instead of trivial and pointless things such as the guns color .

10/2/2008 5:53 PM

Sarah Palin:

Gosh-darn, Nance, y'know I love what you do, but you don't need a pink Glock to be fashionable and well-armed. This pink hunting bow, endorsed by lil' ol' me, will help you take down a moose or a criminal at thirty paces. Neat, huh?

10/2/2008 8:26 PM

Britney Spears:

oOoOh NoOo YaLl tHiS Is ScArY!

11/20/2008 1:07 PM

Wall-E:

What a joke. Pink Guns are no more or less "evil" than any other color. Guns are not evil, people are.

you are off your rocker. I might just paint my glock pink, with purple flowers, just to scare ya!

12/10/2008 12:47 AM

Brett Favre:

Thanks for the link to the good gun site my wife was wanting a pink gun.

12/18/2008 1:06 PM

Your fucking dumb

1/3/2009 7:33 PM

Nancy Grace:

My fucking dumb what? You're unclear.

1/3/2009 8:52 PM

Max:

Thank God only a small percentage of Americans is as retarded as Nancy Grace is.

1/5/2009 7:35 PM

Max:

Well, uninformed might be a better word to use.
But either way, she really should research the topics she decides to write about more before writing silly posts like this.

May God bless all the blind followers of Nancy Grace.

1/5/2009 7:41 PM

Anders:

Tell me, would it have been better if the gun mentioned in the story was black or shiny?
It is amazing that you can blame this on a company that just perform surface finishing on a few guns.
What if it had been spray painted pink, would you blame a store for selling the paint or the manufacturer of the paint ? Or how about Norway(aerosol spray can was invented by a Norwegian, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosol_spray )? Those evil Norwegians!!!

2/2/2009 8:58 PM

People of Common Sense:

Guns are not for children, and are not sold to children, and only a stupid person would write an article like this. It doesn't even completely make sense. I want one of these pink guns. I plan on buying one, because I'm a woman, who likes pink, and likes guns, and knows that it's not a toy...just a pretty color....dumbass. -.-

3/2/2009 7:14 PM

Eric Harris:

Damn right, Common Sense!

3/2/2009 11:13 PM

friend of the 2nd. ammendment:

many people have asked me to explain "Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People"
I find it pretty simple if I want you to be dead I could use a baseball bat, a rock, a knife or any number of other implements to carry out this task. (chances are the victim would prefer that it had just been done with a gun) Having worked in a dangerous field of employment, I became accustomed to carrying a sidearm. I believe in "Peace Through Superiority" meaning that a person draws a knife and I draw a gun I have the upper hand thus increasing my chances of reaching a nonviolent solution. I have had numerous occasions where I found it appropriate to draw my weapon, but only discharged it once. Nobody was shot(I fired into the air) and the judge found it to be "Reasonable Self Defense" . To bring relevance to this, it makes no matter to what color weapon a person carries, I can go to the Home Depot and purchase a can of purple paint and a 2" x 4" and beat you until you are crippled. The bottom line is that parents and educators NEED to instill a solid sense of "right and wrong" and the judicial system needs to impose reasonable penalties for wrongdoers. If you let your child have access to ANY kind of weapon regardless of it's size, shape, or nature( people have been killed with scissors) without knowledge of danger, or responsibility someone is liable to get hurt.

3/4/2009 11:57 AM

Mr. T:

Anyone who thinks that this is a toy gun is a complete moron. Weapons come in all shapes and colors, all toy guns have an orange tip, no orange tip means projectiles actually come out of the barrel. And why would any decent parent allow little children to play with real weapons? Any good parent would keep their firearms locked away safely away from the children.

3/26/2009 10:32 PM